Thursday, May 1, 2014

Deeb ft. Stormtrap - Addiction to Fame

Deeb ft. Stormtrap Asifeh - Edman el Shuhra ("Addiction to Fame")
إدمان الشهرة - ديب مع عاصفة

Egypt and Palestine
Released on August 4, 2011


Lyrics courtesy of Rayya El Zain, Nizar Ghanem, & Shadia Mansour in Shahadat's Winter 2012 issue (16 professionally translated Arabic rap songs with English and Arabic side-by-side. Check it out!)






Full Arabic lyrics with their English translation after the jump...

كلمات إدمان الشهرة
[المقطع الأول: ديب]
الفن والمواهب زي حرب الكواكب
الكل عايز يكون جنم، صراع في الداخل
بهدي جنون العظمة بفلفل حر توابل
تسيل دموع زي القنابل
زيما بتكلم، وداني شغالة
علشان أكون سامع نبض الشارع
حالف أقضي على الإعلام المتآمر
مغامر في الكلام، بس إنت مش سامع
لما بأمسك القلم والورقة، الهم بينزاح
مخي بيرتاح, بأقول اللي على البال
لما بأقعد، بحس بتأنيب ضمير
مفروض أكون في ستوديو بسجل على بيت خطير
إحساس غريب إنك تدمن الكلام
ارسم يا فنان، واخترع زي دافينشي الرسام
ولو مفيش ورقة باستخدم تليفوني
خايف إن فكرة متعديش على صوتي
دنيا غريبة، يوم مر، يوم بونبوني
بس أنا عمري ماغيرت لوني
الموسيقى بنادولي وبطابعي فضولي
فمهما قالوا لي هافهمها بمفهومي
ساعات ألاقي نفسي بكلم نفسي
واسمع أصوات غريبة في دماغي
وهو ده الصدى الصوت اللي بسمعه
اكن مفيش حد فارقة معاه أحلامي.

[المقطع الثاني: عاصفة]
شوف شوف
مش هدف إنو أنا شخصياً أنا
هدفي انه كلماتي وموسيقتي تنتشر
عشان هيك حتشوفني دوما مستمر مستثمر
كل وقتي كل طاقتي على أصواتي
خوذ شك خوذ تحويل خوذ كاش
بس ما تنساش أي شي بيتعلق بالواقع بدناش
ما تخاف لأنها قضيتنا مش منسية
مية بالميئة: هايذي ثورة كمان ثقافية
خليني أوضح هاي الموسيقى مش معمولة للتلفاز
هاي الموسيقى مش معمولة لهز الطياز
مش فاهم ليش الكل قاتل حاله يكون في مسابقة
حابني نتصابح حياكم زات المكافحة
والإعلام ميت ع حيالله قصة
ما بيدرس هالقصة من نصها وبعدن بينفخها
مش احلق علينا اذا ما بيبحثوا
ولما يبدوا يحكوا عنا أل عنجد بيبعصوا
بيفكروا انه كل شي هشك بشك
بس لازم حدن يقولهم انه الهيب هوب مش هيك
بدك تدير بالك عشانها هاي اللحظة الحاسمة
لما يجوا عليك الديب والعاصفة
نكسر حدود وبنبني وحدة عشان نحيي
مجتماعاتنا وننهي معانتنا
عشان هيك منكتب كلمات صريحة والها معنى
مش للشهرة مش حتى يجي حدن يدفعلنا

English Translation of Lyrics to "Addiction to Fame"

VERSE 1 (Deeb):
Art and talents are like the War of the Worlds.
Everyone secretly wants to be a star of conflict.
I make megalomania tranquil with chili hot spices.
Tears flow like bombs.
That’s how I talk and the world keeps moving
so that I can hear the pulse of the streets.
I’ve sworn to obliterate the media conspirators.
I am adventurous in my speech but you’re not listening.
When I hold the pen and the paper. My anxiety is lifted.
My mind relaxes and I say what’s on my mind.
When I sit down I feel like I have a guilty conscience.
I should be in the studio recording dangerous beats.
It’s a strange feeling to be out of words.
Paint, O artist, and discover like Da Vinci the painter.
If I don’t have paper, I use my cell.
I am afraid that the idea does not come through my voice
It’s a strange world. One day is bitter, another is like candy.
But I’ve never changed my color.
Music is my Tylenol and I’m curious by nature,
so whatever they tell me, I’ll understand it my way.
Sometimes I find myself talking to myself
and I hear weird voices in my head
that’s is just the echo of the sound I hear,
as if no one cares about my dreams.

VERSE 2 (Stormtrap):
Look. Look.
My goals are not self serving.
My goal is that my words and music spread.
That’s why you’ll see me always and continuously investing
all my time and my energy on my sounds.
Take a check, take a transfer, take cash,
but don’t forget that anything related to reality isn’t something that we want.
Don’t be afraid because our cause is not forgotten.
One hundred percent: this is also a cultural revolution.
Let me explain. This music is not meant to be televised.
This music is not made for booty shaking.
I don’t understand why everyone is killing themselves to be in the contest.
We’d like to say good morning, to salute you in this same struggle.
The media’s dying for any story
but they don’t study the story’s real text and they blow it out of proportion.
It’s not our fault if they don’t do their research.
And when they talk about us, then they really screw it up.
They think everything is empty and pointless.
Somebody needs to tell them that hip hop is not like that.
You should take care because this is the critical moment.
When the wolf [Deeb] and the storm [Stormtrap] come haunting you
We break borders and we build unity in order to revitalize
our communities and stop our suffering.
That is why we write frank words that have meaning.
It’s not for fame or even so that someone pays us.





No comments:

Post a Comment